Jun 8, 2014

Are you happy?


Like an open book, a smiling face incites the opportunity for others to enter.
Lillian the Domestic Engineer Blogspot.ca

There is nothing better for the constitution
 than a smile
 that in turn becomes a great grin
that finally results in a hearty laugh...
except maybe to have a little Sun (Son) with that.
My mid winter pick me up on occasion
takes me to the local Arena for a dose of glee,
Tom Thumb style.
Tis my free ticket to happy.


I love the innocence of children.
and the absence of head games 
allows for the expansion of joy
found in the honesty of innocence
amid the game of life.

Be true to thyself.

Tis not long before I am laughing out loud.
The antics, the attitudes and the apparent joy in the 3 and 4 year old kids out on the ice, having the time of their lives is infectious.
I'm always glad I came.

The arena of Life.






The leadership, generously donated by the Coaching staff is admirable.
The parental support in the stands is encouraging and rewarding.
The energy that abounds in the arena is refreshing.
The experience is enlightening.
I am overwhelmed with the warmth of a good thing.
I savor the moment.
             

I smile at myself in the glass
I smile at the image of myself
in the glass-
where the visions of a future
and the
reflections of a past
are projected onto the window
of my face in the glass.



I am suddenly struck with a melancholy that clouds my eyes.
I am overcome with the desire to cry.
A sentimental Soul am I.

All four of my Sons played through the Minor Hockey System.

Many a memory has been made. 

I finish my 1/2 Hot Chocolate 1/2 French Vanilla
and drop the Styrofoam cup into the can on my way out the Arena.
 I grin as I step out into the brisk 20 below day
feeling happier than I had been earlier in the day
 and being thankful for the sunshine that was coming my way.

I am grateful that joy is infectious and that happiness is free.

Look at me!

On the road home I smiled as I thought about happy.

Being happy requires the bravery to be true to yourself
in spite of everything and everyone else.
 Being happy requires that you dare to laugh at yourself
 even if it does make you pee!
 Happiness demands that you be ready for the invasion of gaiety
no matter who you are.
Happiness requires discipline to allow for the spontaneity of the moment.
 Happiness counts on the absence of sadness and the allowance of joy


If you're happy and you know it clap your hands.
 If you're happy and you know it and your face will surely show it,
 if you're happy and you know it.....say hooray!
If you clapped your hands give yourself a pat on the back.
If you said hooray.... say hooray again.
Happiness isn't just happen stance,
Happy is the result of making a choice and taking a chance.






Do not be hard on yourself
should you fail to experience the pleasures of happiness
 for in the sorrow of sadness
 valuable lessons are learned.
After all, there's got to be a little rain sometimes..

Be good to yourself in spite of the weather
Life is for living and Happy worth discovering.




 




If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment