Dec 10, 2013

Merry Christmas to all..

 Lillian the Domestic Engineer  Click for more

I've had this beautiful poem (author unknown) for a long time and every year at Christmas time I go and take a look...
Please feel free to share this poem with those you are indebted to.
Merry Christmas! May the spirit of the Season be with you.
 
I have a list of names I know,
All written in a book,
And every year when Christmas comes,
I go and take a look,
And that is when I realize
That these names are a part
Not of the book they're written in
But of my very heart. 
For each name stands for SOMEONE
who has crossed my path sometime,
And in that meeting they've become
the rhythm in each rhyme.
And while you may not be aware 
Of any special link
Just meeting you has changed my life
Alot more than you think.
For once I've met somebody,
The years cannot erase the memory
of a pleasant word or a friendly face.
So never think my Christmas Cards
are just a mere routine
Of names upon a Christmas List,
Forgotten in between.
For when I send a Christmas Card
That is addressed to you
It's because your on the list
Of folks whom I'm indebted to,
For I am but the total 
Of the many folks I've met
And you happen to be one of those
I prefer not to forget,
And whether I have known you
For many years or few,
In some way you have had a part
In shaping things I do,
And every year when Christmas comes,
I realize anew, The best things life can offer
Is meeting folks like YOU,
And may the spirit of Christmas,
That forever endures,
leave its richest blessings
In the heart of you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger